The trucking industry has been a relatively growing business. Companies offer services depending on what the capacities of their trucks are and what are needed by the clients. Here are some guidelines on how to start a trucking company in Georgia.
Tips on How to Start a Trucking Company in Georgia
- Decide on your type of trucking business. Some companies only operate within the state while some do operations interstate. This would also help in determining things such as type of trucks, office and marketing later on. Interstate trucking companies might need to pass more requirements compared to local ones.
- Name your company. Put in some branding and have the name registered later on.
- Purchase the trucks. Choosing between purchasing new trucks or hiring is up to you though purchasing one would be more useful in the long run.
- Contact insurance companies. An important tip on how to start a trucking company in Georgia is contacting insurance companies. Get estimates on the costs of fleeting insurance. This will protect the company, the client and the commodities if any damage is done while operating.
- Hire an employee. Make sure that the employee has a Commercial Driving License and has an experience when it comes to driving trucks. The employee should also be passed in the screening on driving and criminal history.
- You may also refer to www.fmcsa.dot.gov for any other information, question or application forms that you may need.
- Make your business known. Posting on the internet and making your contact number and location readily available through online directories will help you in getting customers.
Guidelines on how to start a trucking company in Georgia is almost similar in starting any other business. The basics are the registration process and the obtaining of needed documents for business registration. The difference lies on the qualifications and expertise of the employees depending o the nature of their business. These are the steps that you can follow on how to start a trucking company in Georgia.