Securities have become a necessity for any business enterprise out there. They hire security companies for the protection of their employees as well as assets. As other business industries sprouted in Georgia, some individual are looking to start a security company. Here are some guidelines and steps to follow on how to start a security company in Georgia:
How To Start A Security Company In Georgia: Know How
- Settle with your attorney and accountant on what business entity you are about to pursue before making inquiries on how to start a security company in Georgia.
- Prepare all the things and documents needed before applying for a license or permit. A business plan, marketing plan and of course the capital should be readied beforehand.
- Contact the designated office for business licenses and permit in Georgia. Said office can be contacted through (404) 656-2817. They will guide you on what forms to fill-up and what documents to submit for acquiring the license as well as giving you the basics on how to start a security company in Georgia.
- It would be required that your employee/s register through Georgia Applicant Processing Service for Livescan electronic fingerprinting. If there happens that the employee has a criminal history or has been subject to disciplinary action, court documentations would be required for submission. Only after the fingerprint results are out the permit to carry arms would be issued.
- For other certifications and registrations needed, forms can be found at the website of the Georgia Secretary of State.
- Another important knowledge on how to start a security company in Georgia is the exam. Pass the exam scheduled through the PSI website. Once you pass, documents such as original certificate of liability insurance or a certified audited financial statement, both of which has pre-set required amount that should be stated in the certifications, should be submitted.
- Other basic requirements on how to start a security company in Georgia are: age of at least 18 years old, no felony convictions, must be a US citizen who has resided in Georgia for at least a year before application and has good moral character.
- How to Start a Trucking Company in Georgia The trucking industry has been a relatively growing business. Companies offer services depending on what…
- How to Start a Bail Bonding Company in Georgia The bail bonding business first started in 1898. Now, there are bail bonding companies around…
- How to Start a Moving Company in Georgia Moving companies have grown in popularity. Households and even business establishments seek help of the…