An Atlanta immigration lawyer , Atlanta deportation attorney, compared with a Marietta immigration lawyer is known to charge slightly similar fees in representing Georgia immigrants both in filing for immigration petitions, such as: deportation and criminal defense, citizenship, work visas, asylum, green cards or obtaining permanent residence, asylum, deffered inspection, family based adjustment of status or representing clients in removal proceedings. Whether you are looking for an affordable deportation or immigration lawyer in Atlanta, Lawrenceville or Marietta, one that offers free consultation, a good, or even the best Atlanta immigration lawyer in Georgia, immigration attorneys across the Nation seem to offer similar fee rates. www.immigrationlawyerinatlanta.com
We caught up with Attorney Ned Ogueri, a prominent Atlanta immigration lawyer and Atlanta deportation lawyer who represents immigrants in family immigration matters and deportation hearings in Atlanta and surrounding cities, and who has offices in Marietta and Norcross, Georgia.
“Our fees are based on the complexity of the case” he says. “But generally, we have set fees for routine immigration matters such as:”
Marriage based adjustment of status – $1500 – $2000
Deportation / removal defense – $3000 – $10,000
Asylum applications – $1500
Citizenship and Naturalization applications – $750 – $1000
Waivers – $1500 -$3500
Deffered inspection – $750
Removing immigration holds – $500 and up
Compared with a Marietta immigration lawyer, an Atlanta immigration lawyer with an office in Atlanta has the added location benefit of accessing the immigration court house, which is located in downtown Atlanta. “I wouldn’t trade that for the hustle and bustle of downtown Atlanta, attorney Ogueri, says. I like Marietta. It is quieter. Besides, downtown Atlanta is only about fifteen minutes away from my office. Besides, Marietta has a lot of immigrants. Fifty percent of the immigrants I represent are mostly Africans, such as Kenyans, Ethiopians, Nigerians and asl0, Mexicans facing deportation and removal proceedings. Given that I also practice in other areas of law, such as criminal defense, personal injury and family law, our clients enjoy the benefits of a full service legal representation.”
It seems these are similar fees charge across the country. In other cities, such as Los Angeles and New York, immigration lawyers are known to charge their clients based on the same or similar fee structure.
As the political climate changes, immigration laws have become more complex. The usual question of whether one needs an immigration lawyer to obtain legal status is still a question one paying for the immigration service has to eventually answer, undoubtedly, however, there are certain situations that necessitate employing the services of an immigration attorney.
Removal and Deportation defense, properly preparing and filing the petitions, resolving past criminal arrests or convictions that can trigger a removal hearing, representation in asylum cases and preparing and filing certain employment based applications mostly call for the expertise of an attorney. Adding to that, now the senate is about to vote on a historic comprehensive immigration bill that could affect millions of undocumented immigrants. Finding someone who can read, understand and explain immigration laws can mean the difference between living and working legally in the US or being forced to leave. Yes, there are times when one may not need an assistance of an immigration lawyer, such as submitting a simple request to renew a work authorization card but most times it is advisable to retain the services of an immigration attorney.
What is Immigration?
The most basic definition and understanding of immigration is the moving of a person from his home country to another country with the intention of living there. Through the years, more and more people become immigrants for various reasons. Experts and even normal people alike have discussed and debated on the implications of immigration not only to the immigrant but for the home country and the host country as well. There is a diverse set of opinions regarding the advantages and disadvantages each element has in an immigration experience. These elements are the immigrants, the host country, and the home country. These pieces of information are vital in understanding what immigration really is.
Reasons for Immigration
- People resort to immigration in order to become a citizen of the country where they will move.
- People want to earn more. Other countries offer higher wages and more employee benefits. People aim to have financial stability and security through working in another country.
- In addition, another factor for immigration would be health conditions. Some people might have health complications that it would be more appropriate to live in another country for the reasons of more suitable climate or more advanced medical technology.
- Another motivation for immigration is education. People would want to study in the top universities in the world, which offers high-quality education. It can also be a reason that a certain university specializes in a person’s field of interest.
- People see immigration as a means to achieve a higher standard of living. Parents would like their children to experience a more affluent life in more developed countries to provide not only better access to high-quality education but also better career opportunities
As for anything done, there are advantages and disadvantages in it. Debates about the benefits and drawbacks about immigration have been in discussion through the years.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of Immigration
In the part of the host country, there are certain advantages of immigration.
- They have more cultural diversity.
- They have a wider pool of young, talented, and skilled professionals that they can hire.
- Immigration often leads to a decrease in labor costs of businesses. Immigrants usually do jobs for a lower salary compared to the people who are citizens of that country.
On the other hand, these advantages of immigration showed that the home country might experience a brain drain because all their newly graduates and professionals end up working in another country.
These reasons and impacts of immigration shed light of the simple context of the word immigration. It has been a trending global issue that countries all over have been facing and researches are continuously being conducted to end the debate about it.
Attorney Ogueri’s Marietta immigration office is located at: 2470 Windy Hill Road, Suite 202 Marietta, Georgia 30067.
His Norcross office is located at: 6129 Oakbrook Pkwy, Norcross, GA 30093.
He can be reached at 770-840-9098
- The Nigerian Consulate in Atlanta Having a Nigerian Consulate in Atlanta is very important especially for Nigerian residents in the…
- Legal Services Are you facing any legal issues in your place of work or just in your…
- Education Apart from the ever growing economy of Georgia in the USA, Georgia education has come…