Considering a Personal Injury Practice? The Following List Can Help in Narrowing Down To A Practice Area:
Personal injury refers to the damage inflicted to the human body, mind or emotions. This can be acquired through the following: accidents at work, accidents during sports activities, accidents at home, road accidents, physical attacks, simple tripping accidents, and others. Medical and dental malpractice can also result in personal injury. The degree of pain and suffering inflicted depends upon the intent or negligence of the responsible party. The injured party can claim for personal injury compensation through a settlement between the two parties involved or through a court judgment. The amount of compensation will depend upon the severity of injury. See this site : Georgiaaccidentpersonalinjurylawyers.com car accident lawyer in Atlanta
Wrongful death can be defined as a death of an individual caused by the willful, negligent and wrongful act another. Examples of wrongful deaths are:
- Car accidents. Car accidents can be part of a wrongful death if the driver was found drunk or under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The said driver can be held liable to the death of the victim.
- Workplace deaths. This happens when the employer does not take or give health and safety measures to its employees especially if the workplace is considered to be a hazardous one.
- Medical malpractice. If the reason for the death of a patient is due to the negligence or malpractice of the doctor or other medical professionals under whose care the patient is admitted, then the death is a wrongful death. Atlanta wrongful death lawyer
A Car accident is an incident that occurs when a vehicle runs into another vehicle, road blocks, animals, pedestrians or other stationary barriers. A Car accident may result to vehicle damage, property damage, physical injury and worst, death. Factors that contribute to worldwide car accidents are:
- Driver behavior. If the driver drives recklessly, car accident may likely happen.
- Lack of road signs and warnings. Drivers rely on this things to get them on their. Lack or absence of these road signs and warnings invites unlikely accidents.
- Vehicle design malfunctions. The design and manufacturing defects of a vehicle can leave its occupant vulnerable to accidents when it is moving at high speed, increasing the risk of serious injury and death.
An Auto accident is synonymous to car accident, car crash, or motor vehicle collision. It is the collision of a vehicle to another vehicle, animals, road blocks, pedestrians, or other stationary obstructions resulting to certain damages, injuries and death. According to studies, these are the causes of an auto accident:
- Human factors. These include speed in driving, physical and emotional impairment, being under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and under fatigue while driving.
- Road design. Though most of auto accidents involved human factor, the design of roads or environmental factor can also be a significant contributor to such incidents.
- Vehicle design and maintenance. Malfunction of any of the featured design of a vehicle most likely result to an auto accident.
Medical malpractice is defined as the professional negligence by act or omission of a hospital, doctor or other health care provider which causes injury or even death to a patient. The malpractice might be the result of errors in diagnosis or treatment. Examples of Medical Malpractice are:
- Failure to recognize symptoms
- Unnecessary surgery
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis
- Misreading or ignoring laboratory results
- Improper medication or dosage
- Poor follow-up or aftercare
- Disregarding patient’s medical history
- Surgical errors or wrong site surgery
- Failure to order proper testing
If such health professionals are found guilty of medical malpractice, the patient can file a lawsuit against them and receive just compensations. medmalwrongfuldeathlawyers.com
Atlanta medical malpractice lawyer
A pedestrian is a person who walks on or cross a street. A pedestrian accident happens when than pedestrian is hit by a moving vehicle resulting to injury and death. This incident is a result of negligence from the responsible party. Pedestrian accidents victims can file a claim to receive compensation for the injuries suffered. But before doing so, the following should be done first:
- Write down in details about the pedestrian accidents, the injuries and other losses suffered as a result of the accident.
- Record conversations with other people involved in the accident or the injury claim.
- Preserve evidence of who cause the accident and the extent of the damage done by collecting physical items and documenting it through taking photographs or videos.
- Locate people who witnessed the accident and who might be able to help prove the case.
- Notify the person responsible for the accident of the intent to file a claim.
- If needed, contact a pedestrian accident lawyer to evaluate and justify the claim.
Trucks are usually massive in size and weight. If involved in a truck accident, the result is usually catastrophic and can be magnified if the truck is carrying hazardous or flammable materials.
A truck accident is caused not by the truck drivers but by the negligence of drivers in small cars. This is because these truck drivers have undergone extensive training and experience in order to obtain a truck license. Cases where a truck driver is responsible for a truck accident are include but may not be limited to negligence of the driver resulting from stressed and fatigue, meeting delivery deadlines that drivers tend to drive past speed limit, and driving recklessly, failing to check for blind spots on the road and experiencing tire blowout and other mechanical failure. Truck accident lawyer
Drunk driving accident / DUI accident
Drunk driving accident / DUI accident is the act of driving a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs to the extent that the mental and motor skills of the driver are impaired resulting to road accidents. Drunk driving is considered as an illegal act and is punishable by law with degree of punishment varying from state to state or from country to country.
Common signs of intoxication resulting to Drunk driving accident / DUI accident are:
- Stench of alcoholic drinks on the driver’s in the car and/or breath
- Droopy eyelids
- Flushed face
- Garbled speech in reply to questioning
- Blood shot, watery, or reddish eyes
- Plain-view of alcoholic drinks container in the automobile
- Difficulty in understanding and responding properly to questions
- Admission to drinking of alcoholic drinks. Atlanta drunk driving accident lawyer
Slip and Fall
Slip and fall are ordinary accidents that happen every day that people tend to brush them aside. But some slip and fall accidents can result to serious injuries. Common places where slip and fall occur include:
- Driveways and parking lots
- Public restrooms, gyms and swimming pools
- Stationary and moving walkways, such as sidewalks, elevators or escalators
- Restaurants, bars, clubs, shopping centers and grocery stores
- Places of employment
- Homes of family, friends and neighbor
- Stairs with loose handrails
Victim of slip and fall may file for a compensation claim depending upon the liabilities involved such as property owner, homeowner, renter and landlord, business owner liability. Those have legal responsibility to keep their properties safe for people who visit them. If they fail to keep their property safe, they could be held liable for the victim’s injuries during the slip and fall accident. Atlanta slip and fall lawyer
If a baby or a child is injured due to someone else’s negligence, the parents can push for a child injury claim for compensation on their behalf. Child injury may occur through the following circumstances:
- Road accident as a passenger
- Road accident as a pedestrian
- Accident caused by a dangerous product
- Accident at nursery or school
- Accident at amusement parks
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Accidents in public places
- Slips, trips or falls
- Clinical or medical negligence
The child injury compensation claims for injured babies and children can be settled at court. Settlement includes the amount of compensation and when the baby or child can access their compensation. Atlanta child injury lawyer
Burns are a type of personal injury which affects the skin or flesh of a victim. It is caused by exposure to heat, electricity, chemicals, radiation or friction. They are classified depending on the layers of skin and flesh they affect.
There are several ways a person may get a burn injury. For instance, through another’s negligence and may therefore file a burn injury compensation claim. Examples of these include, but are not limited to, lack of proper workplace safety procedures, inadequate training for handling equipment. Burn injury compensation claims may be filed by the injured party to receive compensation for the suffering they endured because of the injury. The amount of compensation they receive depends on many factors such as the effects of the injury on the victim now and its effects on the victim in the future. Atlanta burn injury lawyer
Any form of physical injury or negligence which negatively affects the brain may be considered a brain injury. A brain injury compensation claim may be filed by the affected party or family members of the affected party, as long as they are able to attest that the brain injury was caused by the negligence of another individual.
People with brain injuries brought upon by a hazardous workplace, unsafe public places, accidents, attacks or clinical negligence must act quickly to ascertain that the brain injury arose when the event occurred. This eliminates possibilities that other causes such as the victim’s own negligence caused the injury. Atlanta brain injury lawyer
A bicycle accident is a relatively rare occurrence. Most bicycle accidents are in truth solo accidents involving a defect or some other danger in the road. But occasionally, a cyclist and an automobile collide resulting to bicycle accident. The negligent party can be held liable while the victim can receive compensation for the injuries suffered.
Things you can do if tangled in a bicycle accident:
- Wait for the authorities to respond to the mishap scene so a report can be filed.
- If a report is made and written, ensure that it is accurate.
- Do not attempt to negotiate with the driver at-fault as he may not give correct personal information.
- See to it that the accident seen is properly investigated for concrete information as to how the misfortune occurred.
- Seek speedy medical records for injuries. The medical record may be utilized as a proof to establish the extent of injuries. Atlanta bicycle accident lawyer
Electrical accident is an accident related to negligence in the use of electricity resulting to damage in human lives and properties. An electrical accident does happen at home, at work and even on the roads. Inquisitive children are mostly the one who fall victim to an electrical accident through carelessly touching unprotected plug sockets, electrical cord biting, and the likes.
To prevent electrical accidents, there are steps to take to prevent electrical accidents from happening. Always check appliances and cables for damages. Cover all outlets with safety plug socket guards. Place cords out of child’s reach. Never attempt to fix any electrical malfunction without proper knowledge on how to do so. Contact a registered and experienced electrician to do the fixing for you. Atlanta electrical accident lawyer
Premises liability is the legal responsibility that property owners have for injuries that took place on their property due to untoward accidents. If a person falls into an accident as a result of dangerous or hazardous condition, such as wet floors with no caution sign, open excavations, or inadequate security, the property owner may be held responsible under the premises liability law.
A victim of an accident in another’s premises may be able to receive compensation for medical expenses and pain and suffering if a premises liability case is filed. In order for a property owner to be held legally responsible for injuries suffered from premises accidents, one of the following must be true.
- The owner of the property must have caused the dangerous condition (such as failure to provide warning or caution signs in hazardous area in the premises).
- The owner of the property must have known about the dangerous situation but have done nothing about it. Atlanta premises liability lawyer
Cerebral palsy is one of the most common congenital disorders of childhood. It is defined as a condition triggered by damage to the brain’s motor areas, which affects a person’s capability to control body movement. There are several causes of cerebral palsy but unfortunately, thousands if not hundreds of cerebral palsy cases are an outcome of medical malpractice.
Cerebral palsy resulting from medical malpractice classically happens during the childbirth owing to the carelessness or negligence of medical personnel. Medical malpractice mistakes that results to cerebral palsy may include but is not only limited to:
- Improperly assessing the mother and/or baby’s vital signs
- Failure to perform a timely cesarean section
- Failure to identify and treat fetal distress
- Improper or forceful use of forceps
- Failure to spot the umbilical cord coiled around a baby’s neck limiting or totally cutting off the oxygen supply to the brain
- Failure to recognize and properly treat seizures following delivery . Atlanta cerebral palsy lawyer
Inadequate security is the result of an incident involving a person being injured through a criminal act of another within the property bound of an establishment or business. Inadequate security circumstances usually involve assaults, physical attacks, rape, sexual assault, robberies, fatal crimes, and shootings.
Injuries from inadequate security or negligent security are frequently the effect of the following circumstances:
- Poor or inadequate lighting
- Absence of security cameras
- Absence of patrolling security guards
- Nonexistent perimeter fence surrounding the property
- Failure to inform customers and/or occupants of frequent unlawful activities
The victim may be able to hold the business owner legally responsible for their injuries if the property owner did not do anything in their power to prevent the incident. Atlanta inadequate security lawyer
A motorcycle accident is one of the leading causes of fatal roadway accidents nowadays. When a motorcycle accident happens and results in serious injuries, the victim usually has to go through extensive and even expensive medical treatment.
Motorcycle accident circumstances are:
- Hit and runs
- Not giving of way
- Crashes (rear-end)
- Limited to poor visibility
- Accidents near stop signs
- Manufacture parts and malfunctioning products
- DUI or Driving under the influence
As with any other injuries acquired from accidents, motorcycle accident victims may seek for an attorney’s help in winning the damages due to them for the carelessness or neglect of another. Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer
Spinal Cord Injury
A spinal cord injury is defined as an injury to the spinal cord that is caused by trauma instead of disease. It is an injury acquired from accidents such as auto accident, medical malpractice and bad fall. Depending on where the spinal cord and nerve roots are damaged, the symptoms can vary from pain to paralysis to incontinence.
If the spinal cord injury is the result of negligence or carelessness of another person or company, it is crucial to seek for legal help right away. Ongoing medical care as well as many adaptive devices and medical devices should be paid by the party responsible for the spinal cord injury. Atlanta spinal cord injury lawyer
A bus accident is a road accident that involves a bus in particular. Being a large vehicle, a bus involved in an accident can result to immense damage to its passengers, pedestrians or properties affected. As with any other auto accidents, bus accident victims may claim for compensation for the damages incurred. The following are helpful information for victims of bus accidents in filing for legal claims:
- Seek medical attention and collect all medical bills
- Gather evidence regarding the accident
- Pay close attention to deadlines for filing claims. Lawsuits must be filed within the time limit
- Consult with an Atlanta bus accident lawyer before accepting a claim. Personal injury lawyer Atlanta